Sunday 4 August 2024

Ministers earn less than N1m as monthly salary, I don’t know of allowances— Bagudu

Atiku Bagudu, minister of budget and economic planning, says
he and his colleagues earn less than N1 million as a monthly salary.



 



Bagudu spoke on Saturday during an interview on Channels
Television.



 



While answering a question on the monthly take-home of ministers,
Bagudu said the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)
determines their salaries.



 



“Ministers, like every public official, have a payment that
is determined by Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission,” he said.



 





“I have one official vehicle. I don’t even use it because I
have a Camry that I enjoy driving. As minister of budget, I want to lead by
example.



 



“In terms of how much a minister is paid by RMFAC, it is
less than a million naira as salary.”



 



Asked how much ministers received as allowances, Bagudu
responded: “I don’t know of any defined allowance that a minister has, but I
might be wrong.”



 



 “This is published,
and I can share it with you because it is determined by RMFAC; there is nothing
additional to that for a minister,” he added.



 



The minister admitted that the cost of governance is
“worrisome,” adding that he sees the “kitty” and how the country’s finances are
allocated.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I remain in PDP, I’m not going anywhere – Plateau Gov Mutfwang

Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang, says he remains loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, dismissing rumours of him joining the Al...